Hot Loins ebook 1.99!!!

Support independent publishing: Buy this e-book on Lulu.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Purity / Fornication

Often times sitting in church, I've heard sermonettes or entire sermons, cushioning -so-to-speak, the hearts of those who have wandered off the path of purity.  I've heard men, women, pastors, first ladies, deacons, and deaconesses, encouraging and practically begging those people to get back on the path of righteousness ( a good thing as we should bring one another to Christ).  Reminding them that God forgives and that they have to forgive themselves.  I don't contest this.  Yes, you have to repent and God will and does forgive.  I agree that you should not dwell on sins you've committed.  If God has left it in the past when He forgave you, why should you keep brining it up/reliving it?



However, my concern is not them.  My concern are the virgins who seem to be overshadowed and overlooked by the above mentioned.  So, this post is for you.  This post is to give you more than a quick pat on the back or a few kind words.  I want to take this time to tell you that God is SO  proud of you.  He honors your faithfulness.  I'm not  giving you kudos simply for doing what He requires ALL of us to do, it's what's expected and should not be any other way.  Instead, I want to acknowledge you for choosing God first, by following the path He's laid out for you and continuing to stay under His covering.  My goodness, in times such as these, this virginal/purity walk is not always easy, as sex is everywhere and fornication is glorified, so I want to say congrats to fleeing from all the temptation that comes your way.


I pray that God will continue to be with you on your journey.  That He will guard/protect you as you take care of our Father's business.  And as you take care of His business, if you so desire, that He sends you a spouse, excellent by His measure in His perfect timing.  I pray you will have the eyes to recognize your spouse that God has chosen for you.  I pray that that union/marriaged and the seeds of that union are blessed from now on, for generations to come!  It is my prayer that, that be a marriage that God has joined together and no man can put asunder!!!  I pray that God blesses you with the desires of your heart in His grace and mercy, without sorrow!  May he honor and reward you for your obedience!  And I mean this from my very core. God bless you!!! 

And last but certainly not least, I want to add, never give up this virginal walk...a walk of purity.  I must admit, on a personal note, sometimes, I get frustrated and grow weary.  I've even said, I'm going to be like the others, get 'buckwild' repent and go back to God, since He does forgive.  But then God steps in, in one way or another, and I don't wanna misbehave anymore. :)  With that said, if there is a moment that you wanna throw in the towel, let me encourage you and beg you not to.  God didn't throw in the towel out Calvary. 

So, again, in this walk of purity, don't do it for bragigng rights, don't do it because it's the 'moral thing' to do, don't do it to make others feel less worthy.  But do it simply because God asks you to, do it because you love Him.  Your sister in Christ is proud of you and let me be the first to say congrats on waiting for that appointed time (marriage) with that appointed person (husband or wife) 
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.