Hot Loins ebook 1.99!!!

Support independent publishing: Buy this e-book on Lulu.

Monday, March 26, 2012

Hot Loins-Chapter 7

Victoria and Daniel spoke on the phone every night since she’d been
back from Costa Rica, and every night the conversations lasted longer
and longer; they spent hours talking on the telephone.
Even though they only communicated over the phone, as the weeks
passed, both found their feelings for one another were growing stronger.
Despite this, they continued to treat their relationship delicately. Neither
wanted to come off too strong, but they didn’t want to come off as if they
didn’t care for each other either. They found that balance and were able
to nurture their relationship accordingly.
Every time Victoria thought about Daniel’s upcoming visit, in one
week to be exact, she’d get nervous—a good nervous though. While she
was home, she tried to keep herself busy so her nerves wouldn’t get the
best of her.
She tried to paint, but that didn’t work. She played with her pets, but
that only lasted for so long before the animals would get distracted and
eventually go and do their own thing.
She thought, Maybe I’ll watch some TV. Yeah, catch up on the latest
news so I’ll know what’s going on around me.
She hopped on her couch and snuggled up under the brown throw.
This attempt to keep her mind occupied lasted ten minutes.
Okay, this isn’t working out how I hoped it would. She then stepped
into her slippers to go out back to feed her large goldfish. While throwing
72 ADE’ KNIGHT
the fish food in the pond, she thought, Look at me, trying to do all this
busy work. I need to get out of my head. Talk it out. I need to talk to my
best friend. She put the food aside and headed back in the house to call
Terra.
“Hey, T, it’s me. I need to talk, you have a sec?”
“Sure, what’s going on?”
“I hope I’m not bombarding you with my ‘stuff’—”
“Sweetie, let me cut you off right there. As I’ve told you before, what’s
important to you is important to me. You’re never an inconvenience, a
burden, or have you ever bombarded me with anything. Now, talk to me.
What’s going on?”
“Aw, thanks.” She took in a deep breath and let it out slowly as she
said, “Okay, so you know Daniel is coming to visit, and I’m so nervous
about it! I really like this man. I don’t know what it is, but he and I have
a connection that runs deep. I don’t want to mess this up by coming on
too strong, but I don’t want to be too detached either.”
Terra continued to listen quietly as she was a very good listener.
Victoria continued, “I guess what I’m getting at is . . . How do I show
interest without freaking him out? I mean, I’m not being negative, but I
have seen it. Too often I’m good friends with a gentleman, and then the
very second I show him I like him a little more than a friend, he seems
to get full of himself. And what are we going to do when he gets here?
I don’t want to bore him. Where is he going to sleep? Is it supposed to
rain? And if it does, we’ll be stuck indoors.” Victoria went on and on
with endless and random questions.
“I’m rambling, aren’t I?”
With a calm but sweet tone, Terra said, “Vicky, just be yourself
and let destiny take care of the rest. Let things flow. As I always say,
don’t overthink things. Okay? This visit will be fine. You’ll have fun. I
promise!”
HOT LOINS 73
Victoria always trusted Terra’s advice and insight. She was never
wrong, and just by those reassuring words, Victoria’s nerves were
calmed.
There was a long silence until Victoria called out, “T?”
“Yes, I’m here.”
“I don’t know what it is, but there is something very special about
Daniel. I know everyone you meet serves a purpose in your life. I wonder
what purpose he’s serving in mine.”
Terra thought about it for a moment before adding, “Or what purpose
you’re serving in his.”
“That’s another way of looking at things.”
“Vicky, like I always tell you, you deserve nothing less than the best.
Daniel seems to bring you happiness, and that makes him all right with
me. Enjoy it, sweetie.”
“Thanks for sharing my happiness with me.”
“You’re welcome.”
“So, enough about me. Tell me how you and Thomas are doing?
And don’t give me a condensed answer, I want details,” Victoria kindly
demanded.
“Honestly, there really isn’t much to tell. We both work nine to fives,
come home, help the kids with homework and school projects, have dinner,
give the kids baths, and put them to bed. By the time all that is done, we’re
dog tired and crash ourselves. The clock goes off at 5:30 a.m., and we start the
entire routine over again. Sounds exciting, right?” she asked sarcastically.
Then Terra added, “But I wouldn’t change it for the world! I actually
really enjoy coming home and preparing a home-cooked meal for my
family. This is a good time in my life. It sounds cliché, but I really can’t
complain. Bills are being paid . . . occasionally late, but they’re paid, the
kids are behaving, and Thomas and I are still falling deeper in love with
each other as each day goes by.”
74 ADE’ KNIGHT
As they spoke on the phone, Victoria sat at her vanity removing the
french manicure polish from her toes with cotton balls.
“When’s the last time you and Thomas had fun together? I mean,
did something without the kids. And before you start in I know you love
your kids, but it’s healthy for you to have time away from them. They
need the break too.”
“I really couldn’t tell you the last time we had alone-time together.
That’s not good, huh?”
“No, sweetie, you guys need a getaway. A real vacation.”
“Vicky, I see where you’re going, and before you go there, I want
you to know I am not taking anything from you.”
“Come on, T, you never let me do anything for you!”
Terra suggested, “How about this. Thomas and I will get a jar, and
from every check for the next three months, we’ll each put in about
twenty bucks, maybe more if we can, and at the end of those three
months, we’ll find somewhere to go or something to do with that
money.”
“Can I match whatever you save up?”
“No.”
“Please?”
“Vicky, you know me very well. I don’t need to be on a resort or in
a five-star hotel or on an expensive cruise to have a good time. As long
as my husband and I are together, all is right with the world.”
“I understand that. However, there’s nothing wrong with a little
extravagance here and there.”
“Yeah, but—”
“But nothing. You and Thomas have wanted to visit California, so
I’ve already purchased first-class tickets for you two to visit Los Angeles
where you’ll be staying in a five-star hotel in a large hotel suite. Your
meals have been paid for, and there are, wait one sec . . .”
HOT LOINS 75
She threw the cotton balls in the mini garbage can and ran over to
her bed to open up her laptop.
She continued, “And for the first four days your schedule has been
laid out. The last two and a half days you both can do whatever you all
choose to. Oh, and you will have your own personal chauffeur to take
you and your husband wherever you guys want to go.
“So let me know when you both can get a week off work, and we’ll
have you on your flight in no time.
“Also, I’ll be staying at your house to make sure the kids get on the
bus, do their homework, bathe, and back at it again. I think that covers
about everything!”
Terra was flabbergasted. But a part of her was looking forward to the
getaway. It really had been years since she and Thomas had had some alone
time. She was looking forward to the break. She smiled to herself.
“Vicky, I’m not even going to argue with you. Thank you. You’ve told
me before, learn to let people do things for me, so let me get the practice
in. I appreciate you so much. Thanks for being a good friend to me.”
Vicky was shocked. Is that it? This can’t be it. Just when I was ready
to put up a fight with her, she’s just letting it go like that? Wow.
“You’re welcome,” she said slowly as she couldn’t believe Terra had
yet to decline the gift. She was waiting for any moment for Terra to argue
with her, but it never happened.
Terra told her she had to go and would call her later with the dates
that she and Thomas would be available to leave for the trip.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The week flew by! Victoria took a day off from work so she could get
everything together for Daniel’s arrival the next day. She woke up and
thought she’d be nervous, but amazingly, a calm had come over her.
76 ADE’ KNIGHT
Okay, I need to make a list of everything I need to do today. At ten,
Jack will be here to clean the pool, the landscapers will be here to keep my
greens green, and the cleaning service will come to do a light cleaning.
She sat on her balcony that overlooked the beach and jotted some
notes on a miniature legal pad. She wrote the following: grocery store,
toiletries, linens, and games. She tapped her pen on the pad as she scanned
over what she’d written and continued to think.
Is that it? This list is short . . . but I think I’ve pretty much covered
it all.
So she headed out. Her first stop was the grocery store. Here she
picked up some wholesome organic foods as Daniel ate very healthy
himself. She also went by the local flea market to pick up some fresh
fruits and vegetables that were great buys.
She returned home to put her groceries away. Once this task was
done, Victoria headed back out to get the remainder of the things on her
list, but this go-around, she’d be gone for a while.
Victoria jumped on I-95. She would finish her shopping at the stores
just outside of Terra’s neighborhood since Terra had invited her to join
the family for dinner at a pizza parlor later that evening.
She ran in a couple stores to pick up the toiletries and linens. On her
last stop, she picked up some playing cards and three board games.
After running her errands, she finally met up with Terra for dinner.
The pizza parlor was nice and quaint. It had booths and round tables with
red and white checkered tablecloths. The lighting was dim. Chatter and
popular music filled the restaurant.
While Victoria sat at the table engaging in lighthearted conversation,
she felt a hand lightly touch her shoulder. As she turned, her eyes met
Kevin’s brown eyes and bright smile. “Victoria, How are ya?”
Smiling back at him, she said, “Kevin, hi. I’m good, and you?”
HOT LOINS 77
“Fine, thanks. I’m not going to keep you, but I just wanted to say it’s
nice to see you. You should call me sometime.”
“Nice to see you too! I do have your number. I’ll give you call.”
He rubbed her shoulder as he headed back over to his booth where
Sommer looked on.
Trying to mask her jealousy with a plastic smile, Sommer asked,
“Um, sweetie, who is she?”
Kevin seemed distracted, so in her mousy voice, Sommer repeated
her question.
“I’m sorry, that’s Dr. Billings. I did some work for her about a month
ago.”
It was hard for him to keep his eyes off Victoria even though her
back was toward him.
In a catty way, Sommer replied, “Oh, that’s nice.” She quickly cut
her eyes at Victoria.
Sommer made it her business to always be up in Kevin’s parents’
face. She was always at their house acting as though she was there to
visit them. But it was never about them. All she cared about and hoped
for was crossings paths with Kevin.
After several encounters at his parents’ house, she finally slithered
her way back in Kevin’s life by feeding him a sob story. She somehow
convinced him that they were meant to be together but suggested that
maybe they should take things slower.
She really didn’t believe this but was desperate to hang on to Kevin
by any means necessary.
Kevin loved and cared for her deeply, so he was willing to give the
relationship another go. He knew maintaining a relationship took some
work, and he was willing to put in the work. He felt the relationship was
worth saving.
78 ADE’ KNIGHT
Terra’s family’s fun night concluded once she took the last sip of her
soda. As they all stood, Kevin couldn’t help but to look over at Victoria.
He thought she was beautiful. Not only was she beautiful, but he thought
she was sexy too. Her curves commanded attention!
Her hair was pinned up with some ringlets that hung down her back
and over her shoulders; she wore large gold hoop earrings, a white tube
top, and dark blue denim low-rise capris.
She was curvy in all the right places—full perky breasts and a shapely
bottom. Her waistline was small, and her stomach was flat as a board; her
legs were long, thick, shapely, and toned. Though she was toned and in
great shape, her curves created a feminine softness to her demeanor.
Kevin was in awe of her. Not only for her physical beauty but also
in the way she carried herself. In his eyes, there was an elegance about
her, but he also saw her as a lady who was classy, dainty, confident, fun,
humble, and down-to-earth: the total package.
Victoria pushed her seat up to the table; she glanced back, and her
eyes met Kevin’s. She smiled warmly and waved good-bye. He returned
the smile warmly and threw his hand up.
As they walked out of the pizza parlor, they laughed and talked.
Terra walked Victoria to her car while Thomas made sure the kids were
fastened in their seat belts.
With a big smile, Terra looped her arm around Victoria’s elbow.
“So, Vicky, when do I get to meet Daniel?”
Victoria’s face lit up every time she heard Daniel’s name!
“Well, I know things are usually hectic for you guys during the week.
So I was thinking like a week? Saturday?”
“Cool, my place or yours?”
“I’m thinking it may be fun to come by your house. It would just have
to be early since his flight is leaving that Sunday morning.”
HOT LOINS 79
“Then if Daniel’s up to it, it’s a date. I’ll make some snacks, we can
play games. We’ll have a great time!”
“That sounds like fun. I’m looking forward to it!”
They hugged, and Victoria watched as Terra made her way back to
her car. Thomas stood outside holding the door open for her.
Victoria always admired their relationship. The love and respect they
had for each other was apparent not only through words but through
actions. Thomas treated her as if she was a queen, and she treated Thomas
like a king. They were truly soul mates!
Victoria called Daniel on her way home to confirm his flight plans.
In a sweet and flirty tone, she said, “Hi, Danny.”
With his masculine voice and subtle Latin accent, he replied, “Hi, my
love. It’s nice to hear your voice. I was just thinking about you!”
“What about me were you thinking?”
“I was just thinking that I can’t wait to see you in the morning.”
“Aw, and I can’t wait to see you! Are you packed and ready?”
“I’ve been packed since last week.” He chuckled.
“Well, sweetie, you have a long flight ahead of you, so I’m going to
let you go get some rest. See you in the morning!”
“Yes, you will.”
He blew her a kiss over the phone.
She ended the call and smiled as she continued to drive.
Once she arrived home, she made a couple of trips to the car before
getting all her belongings out of the trunk and placing the bags just inside
the front entrance. After she was inside, she started sorting through her
shopping bags.
She took the plastic film off the games and put them up in the living
room. She went to one of the guest bathrooms and hung the new towels
and went into the guest master bedroom to switch out the old linens for
80 ADE’ KNIGHT
the new masculine ones she purchased and also hung new bathroom
towels in the bathroom located in that room.
She stood in place and spun in a slow circle, taking in everything to
make sure all was in place in the room.
Everything looks good to me! Those linens give it the perfect masculine
touch. I think my work here is done.
Now, time to choose what I’m going to wear when I pick Daniel up,
then a shower, and I think I will be calling it a night.
She walked into her closet and went through her clothes hanger by
hanger, occasionally picking up a dress and holding it up to give it a
once-over but changing her mind and returning it back on the rack.
She continued moving through each garment until her eyes brightened
when she reached a lightweight satin dress with thin spaghetti straps.
They were so thin they almost blended into her creamy dark caramel
complexion.
The dress’s colors were a vibrant and slightly metallic burnt orange,
dark purple, and cream splashed with hints of black and gold. The colors
appeared to have been swirled onto her dress.
The dress was long. It hung slightly below her calves, but the length
was a little higher in the front just below her knees.
The top of her dress hugged her perfectly. Her full C-cup breasts sat
perfectly in the dress, and the dress lay perfectly on them!
She had picked up this summer dress in a boutique on the beach while
vacationing in the Bahamas.
This is the dress! That was easy. Now it’s time for a hot shower and
a good night’s rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.